See it in action at Buttonwillow with a GoPro Hero 7 Black!
Each SnapPlate Accessory Mount comes with:
- One fully-assembled base and accessory mount, ready for your accessory (GoPro, camera, light, etc)
- One black torx security screw to optionally secure it to the car
- One torx security screwdriver to keep in the car
- One zippered case to keep all the accessories tidy in your car
Easy Installation and Removal in Seconds:
To install SnapPlate:
- Push the left side of the front to rotate the latches open
- Line it up with the center of the grille
- Plug it in
- Push the bottom of front to rotate the latches closed (internal magnets keep it closed)
- Optionally, if you want additional security, use the included screwdriver to install the black security screw into the hole on the right side
To remove SnapPlate:
- Loosen the security screw, if you’re using it
- Push the left side of the front to open the latches
- Nothing left behind
Once installed, SnapPlate sits away from the paint and is strong enough to resist wind and weather without touching the bumper. Take care during installation to not touch the painted parts of the car.
SnapPlate has four latches that fit perfectly through and behind the grille openings to install, but then rotate to hold. They hold it firmly in place without stressing the plastic grille. It’s also flexible enough to not break the grille if it is accidentally pushed into the bumper.
At less than three inches wide, it barely blocks the grille opening and the area behind it isn’t even open to the radiator so there’s no loss of airflow.
Autopilot uses a radar behind the front bumper that you don’t want to block, so SnapPlate holds the plate in nearly the same position as the factory plate mount.
*SnapPlate won’t damage paint, block airflow to the radiator, or damage the grille when installed correctly and used under normal circumstances. In the event of an accident this product is not intended to provide protection to prevent vehicle damage and we are not liable for any damages to any vehicles, people, or any objects caused as a result of the use of this product.
3D printing enables us to create a very strong product with an internal structure that is 90% air. That makes it strong while using far less plastic than other processes.
Injection molding is great for making millions of simple things, but it’s very expensive for small quantities of complicated things like this. If not for 3D printing, SnapPlate probably wouldn’t exist or it would cost much more.
One consideration of 3D printing is that the surface finish is different from injection molded parts. Since it makes the parts one layer at a time, it has some distinct features. Here some examples:
Layers – parts are printed one layer at a time
Steps – the layers are visible as steps on slanted surfaces
Strings – fine, easily-removable strings are sometimes left behind
Small Holes – where the printer changes layers
There are no reviews yet.